Python 2 is out of support. I created this blog back in 2014, using Python 2 running on Google's App Engine Standard Environment. It worked great. It gave me zero problems during these 5+ years.
But it was time to extend its life for another 5+ years, so I updated the code to run in Python 3.7. And made a bunch of improvements while at it.
The most significant change was to simplify the architecture of the blog and the processing of pages. Back then, I did a lot of cool stuff to make sure the blog was fast. And it was fast! But I'm not sure that it was faster than a version without all that.
In theory, everything I did in 2014 makes sense. Hell, I might have to go back to a similar version in two weeks if I realize that this new engine doesn't cut it! But I don't think I'll need it.
It's a shame because I spent so many hours optimizing the blog. Premature optimization. I should have known better.
Anyway, I hope everything stays working as it's been. I'll keep an eye on it to make sure everything is okay. Then, I'll go back and clean every file related to the old version.
Let's see how it goes.